- To study questions relating to and defending the interests of the Serum Processing Industry.
- To represent its Members with European institutions and other national and international organisations.
- To promote the harmonization of regulations covering trade and use of animal serum, following standards set by World Animal Health Organization (OIE), World Health Organization (WHO) and World Trade Organization (WTO).
- To promote the education of Members, regulatory authorities and other serum industry stakeholders.
- To consolidate ties between all of its Members.
- To permit the exchange of professional and technical information within the industry itself and with other economic and scientific sectors.
- To ensure that markets for serum products operate in compliance with all applicable national and international rules and regulations rules from EU, OIE, and WTO.
ESPA does not seek to make any profit for distribution to its Members.